Policies & Terms
UK Law relating to cookies (effective 25th May 2011) dictates new rules where cookies can only be placed on machines where the user has given their consent.
Cookies are pieces of data that can be used to record certain user actions on the website, such as placing an item in a shopping basket, or storing the information that allows you to stay logged in to your account.
We do not participate in onsite behaviour targetting or advertising programmes, so any data collected is solely for the purposes of obtaining order information in order to provide a secure eCommerce system.
Our website relies on cookies for its functionality, and as such users wishing to participate in using our website are obliged to accept cookies by default.
This website and its content is copyright of Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd, and its providers. - © Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd., 2008-present, All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Terms & conditions for website usage
The term "Balloon Supply" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose premises are located at Unit 1B, Woodside House, Woodside Park, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1LG, United Kingdom. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Where copyright breaches are made, we, or our licensors, reserve the right to take legal action against offenders, in addition to the penalties imposed by law, and demand recomponse for unauthorised use of works; a fee of £750 per object, and £5 per impression will be charged. Our server statics provide reliable data on hotlinking. Where our own server data is unavailable, we may demand your server logs as part of our legal action.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Balloon Supply's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
“Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd.” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd.” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January, 2008.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Customers receiving such emails would have selected to opt-in to the mailing list when registering or ordering on this website.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We will only contact you by email, phone, fax or mail if you have agreed to this.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online through use of out eCommerce system.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website, for example, the add to basket functionality of this website requires cookies to save the information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our address as given in the Contact Page. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible (please refer to the Contact Us page for further details). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
balloonsupply.co.uk Website Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd.” and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or ny loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of “Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd.”. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd.” takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Standard Terms & Conditions of Sale
These Terms & Conditions are between you (‘The Customer’) and Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd. (‘The Company’), and is made effective as of the date of completion of order of a particular product or service provided by The Company. The agreement sets forth any obligations to The Company in relation to products or services you purchase.
All prices quoted by Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd, are ex-works and subject to VAT at the standard rate. Customers in VAT free areas may need to provide further information on request to substantiate their entitlement. While every effort is made by the company to notify customers of pricing changes, through an electronic form such as email or displayed online on this website, no responsibility is accepted where an oversight has been made. Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd. will endeavour to correct such errors when notified within a reasonable time.
Charges for carriage of goods will be discussed and agreed with customers prior to sending goods. A standard rate applies where this has not applied, and can be seen on our website.
Special Custom prints are subject to over/under run of +- 5% to 10%. This should be taken into account when ordering specific quantities.
The Company is unable to generally guarantee supply of all advertised goods (often due to manufacturing schedules), however is able to confirm and guarantee stock levels of specific items if detailed enquiries are made by The Customer.
3. DELIVERY OF GOODS
The Company cannot accept any claims for consequential loss as a result of faulty goods, missing in transit or late deliveries. Suitable time should be allowed by The Customer in ensuring delivery, and resolving any potential issues arising.
4. PAYMENT TERMS
Terms of payment are by Cash/ Cheque/ Direct Bank Transfer/ Credit or Debit Card with order. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on late payments, and claim compensation for debt recovery costs.
5. QUALITY OF GOODS
Products that are deemed to be faulty, are not always manufacturing defects. Only products which show a true manufacturing defect which has been agreed by the manufacturer, will be considered for replacement. Authorisation must be obtained prior to returning goods for whatever reason. We reserve the right to refuse authorisation of returned goods after 60 days from the date of sale.
6. RETENTION OF TITLE
All goods remain the property of Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd., until such time as they are paid for in full. Should any customer default on payment, while all steps will be taken to recover the outstanding debt, Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd reserve the right to collect unpaid goods from customer’s premises.
7. TIME LIMITS
Claims for delivery shortages must be made within working 5 days of receiving goods.
Termination of these Terms & Conditions may occur from updated Terms & Conditions. While The Company will publish revisions of this agreement on the website, no responsibility is taken for notification otherwise.
The Company maintains the right to refuse or reject orders without providing further explanation. Payments taken do not confirm acceptance of order until it is fulfilled, and will be refunded in the event that payment was taken before the order was rejected.
Environmental Policy Statement
Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd. is committed to:
- making optimal use of resources without compromising the health and welfare of people or animals.
- ensuring that the principles of sustainability become a natural part of its operations.
- implementing environmental improvements continuously and making sure that, as an absolute minimum, the company abides by all relevant legislation.
- ensuring that its employees and customers receive information to help them act in the most environmentally responsible manner possible.
Our environmental plan includes:
- implementing energy controls in all buildings;
- sourcing products to reduce environmental impact;
- sorting and recycling waste so as to reduce the volume of waste sent for incineration or used as landfill;
- setting up an environmental management system according to the international ISO 14001 standard and according to the European EMAS II directive;
- requiring suppliers, contractors and employees to show consideration for the environment;
- being open about its environmental performance in dealings with its employees, customers, visitors and public authorities;
- phasing out or eliminating the use of hazardous substances as far as possible.
Our Environmental Policy 2017 is available on request.
We are currently working on a policy update regarding recycling and upcycling of the foil balloons that we supply, namely:
- Flexmetal foil balloons are recyclable where facilities exist.
- Flexmetal balloons can be upcycled into new products. We will be publishing more information on "The Afterlife of Flexmetal foil balloons".
As part of this policy update, we require our customers to consider environmental concerns:
- The responsible sale of foil balloons by attaching weights to prevent accidental release and education - Currently being done by major theme parks and zoos that we supply.
- The safe disposal and recycling of balloons at the end of their life.
Balloon Supply & Distribution Ltd. supports the initiative for recycling balloons and balloon weights, currently being set up by NABAS, as well as improved industry guidelines and code of conduct on Environmental concerns. More details will be published as they become available.